HOME | NEWS | BAND | MUSIC | LIVE | FORUMS | MULTIMEDIA | SHOP | COMMUNITY | CONTACT US
Member Authentication
Forgot your password?
Become a member

New Order Related
Digital Republic
Ceremony
Music for pleasure
Weekly Song Reviews

International Forums
República Digital (Português)
République Numérique
Digitale Republik
Digitalrepubliken
República Digital (Español)
デジタル共和国
Digitalna Republika
Ψηφιακή Δημοκρατία

Off-Topic Forums
Behind Closed Doors
Buy/Trade/Sell
State of the Nation

Special Forums
World In Motion
Community

NewOrderOnline Related
NewOrderOnline Technical Chat
Customer Service

Subscriptions
Manage

Andy
Barneys plectrum
Andrés G. Verón
FACT.50
Andrés Verón
Brian Hughes
nick cooper
Daumants Veveris
Tom Kellett
Walter Schenone
energie817

New Order sign to Mute Records for 10th studio album
New New Order Song!
New Order Seek to Balance Writing and the Road
New Order announces U.S. tour in July leading up to Lollapalooza appearance
Technical Issues
New Order to highlight Osheaga Festival
New Order 2013 Tour
New Order to Tour North America for the First Time in Seven Years
Doctor Hooky
The First Time I Heard Joy Division / New Order
New Order Video Interview
Peter Saville/Unknown Pleasures: donation to Fundraising Auction
New Order World Tour (Updated with US/CAN dates)
Working on a refresh
New Order's "Elegia" for Ian Curtis Is Now on Vinyl
New Order to Play Olympics Closing Ceremony

NewOrderOnline.com is supported by its members. Donations are always welcomed and appreciated.

Send a donation...

Home » Forums » Behind Closed Doors » Rohypnol anyone?
Rohypnol anyone?
Thread Starter: Alf
Started: 14/01/2008 4:10:33 AM - 4:10:33 AM
Replies: 55
Add Reply  
Author Re: Rohypnol anyone?
Alf  
Member of the Movement

"This ones dedicated to the next generation of Blackburn Youth" - Hooky - King Georges Hall Feb '85

14/01/2008 4:10:33 AM - 4:10:33 AM
Anybody ever been done with slug of Rohipnol whilst out having a drink?

Happened to me the friday before xmas. Out at a big pub in Helmshore at a wake following the death of a mates dad and some fuckin hilarious prankster decides to ditch this shit in me drink whilst i'm away draining the snake.

I had fun explaining to Mrs Alf the day after! This is what she tells me happens.

She's been out on her works do, and her dad picks her up at 10.00. They drive past a pub that I've had one drink in earlier that evening. After that drink i've walked to the pub containing the wake. Anyhow, she sees that my car is parked halfway in the middle of the road, door open, lights on. She gets home , asks dad to go back wi me keys and sort out the motor, which he does. At this point i'm sure dad-in-law thinks i've been doin some dd. Anyway, the mrs comes upstairs, i'm in bed, fully clothed with shoes, jacket etc and covered in mud babbling incoherently. Then i get up and start vomiting like a vom bomb everywhere i could. This pisses her off no end and she ends up sleeping in with the eldest. I wake up in the morning, she gives me the mother of all bollockings for drink driving (allegedly), voming, and turning the house upside down whilst out of my brains on booze and weed!!! Or so she thinks.

Basically, i went out at 7.00 and had 3 pints of Calsberg, not Expert, and 2 glasses of red wine and that is the last i remember. Now i dont put away as much as i did in me YOUTH but hey, even i don't end up in that state from such a meagre amount.

Mates say I was fine and even walked the half mile to the next pub. I had already blacked out by this point. After another drink i've completely just gone in the time it takes to say 'Rohypnol Sir?' I'm stumbling around like fuck but i'm still havin a laugh and a joke. Then go outside and fall flat on me face rollin around on the floor. Mates pack me off in a cab, so thankfully i've not touched the motor. Someone must have been sniffin around as I never lock it any road.

Point is i could have done ANYTHING and had no recollection of it AT ALL. This freaks the fuck out o' me. I mean even when i used to blackout after too much booze some recollections would return with time. But theres nothing with this. I don't even know if it was rohypnol, but nevertheless i'll be like a girl from now on and taking more care of my drinks in future.

Motto of the tale

"Remember kids , always take yer booze to the loos"

Thats what i'll be tellin mine when they are old enough.

Anyone had similar experiances?
scratch

Spot me in Waterfall video!

Five  
Salvation Member

better than my real name any day

Location: Aberdeen Order! Vocation: Gentleman, United Kingdom (Wales)
14/01/2008 4:21:44 AM - 4:21:44 AM
I've known a few people that this has happened to. Never pretty.

Who does this? I'd really like to know what makes people do this to people? For the most part, drugs are a mare to get hold of. Who would go to the trouble of scoring drugs then give them to someone else who doesn't even want them?

Although repulsive, I can "understand" the drugging of women in order to take advantage of them, or even to drug someone in order to rob them when they're incapable. But just to slip something like this in a drink and then dissapear in to the night seems strange to me.

Na na na na na na na naa naa naa naa

It's a small world after all!

Missy Jem  
Salvation Member

Stalker!

14/01/2008 4:30:51 AM - 4:30:51 AM
I've been spiked before in a club. I had only decided to go out later on and had literally met my friends, had one glass of wine, then went into the club. I remember talking to this guy I went to school with, then went back over to my friends.

Within about ten minutes I started to feel really weird, like I was tripping. I then passed out and banged my head against a table. My friends couldn't understand it, but just assumed I must have been drinking earlier.

They took me home in a taxi and I thought nothing about it until the day after when we were piecing things together. I felt really strange, not hungover, but like all my senses were on overdrive. They said the guy I'd been talking to had been staring over and at the end of the night offered to take me back as he lived local. They were having none of it.

I can't say it was him for sure, but it's the only explanation. I don't know what kind of drug it was but it must have gone in my drink when I went to the loo. I never leave my drink unattended now.

"I can resist everything except temptation"

Missy Jem  
Salvation Member

Stalker!

14/01/2008 4:40:08 AM - 4:40:08 AM
... er, while I'm on the subject, can I say I was also spiked at NOOL day last year Uhhh

That's my story and I'm sticking to it razz (stick out tongue)

Five  
Salvation Member

14/01/2008 4:43:08 AM - 4:43:08 AM
So was I: the night before the recent Monaco gig Yes

Missy Jem  
Salvation Member

Stalker!

14/01/2008 4:44:51 AM - 4:44:51 AM
Spiking yourself doesn't count no no

Five  
Salvation Member

14/01/2008 4:49:35 AM - 4:49:35 AM
It was an accident Yes

Missy Jem  
Salvation Member

Stalker!

14/01/2008 4:50:34 AM - 4:50:34 AM
Bloody car crash more like wink animated

Alf  
Member of the Movement

"This ones dedicated to the next generation of Blackburn Youth" - Hooky - King Georges Hall Feb '85

14/01/2008 4:56:08 AM - 4:56:08 AM
I think with experiences like these, and for me this one in particular, you get a gut feeling for what / who might have caused it. I have always had a dabble over the years like many of us but no blackouts like this. Mates don't seem to think i was spiked as they probably think i've probably had a few more than i'm letting on before we met up. But I know that it did happen and i'm convinced it was this date rape type shit. If i ever find out who it was for certain then revenge will be a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time with 'em.

BASTARD!!

I did feel very strange for about a week afterwards. I didn't touch a drop till Boxing Day so the missus knew something wasn't right. Just felt a bit spaced out really.
It amazes me what some people will do 'for a laugh'. DOUBLE BASTARD!!

Five  
Salvation Member

14/01/2008 4:58:26 AM - 4:58:26 AM
Awful driving conditions.

GlasVegas  
Dead Soul

14/01/2008 5:30:29 AM - 5:30:29 AM
Drink Spiking = Urban Myth

OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But not as big an exaggeration as the number of stupid women getting a bit too tipsy, doing something they shouldn't have done and claiming to have been "spiked". I fucking despair of the female population when I hear some of the utter shite they come away with with regards to this issue, and dangerous shite at that.

Example; me and my mate met a gang of girls over from Dublin at Xmas there in a club we were playing at. It was all completelty innocent and when we left them we agreed to stick their name down on the guest list for a gig we were doing the next night. The next night arrives and four of them troop in, one of them noticeably more pished than the other when they bound up to say hello at about midnight. Come 3AM she's so wasted she can barely walk and all her mates are arguing with the bouncers because "she's been spiked!" and the bouncers, quite rightly, are refusing to go and search the pockets of every single bloke she'd been dancing with that night. A stupid wee girl cannae handle her drink and all of a sudden there's wild accusations flying about and a bunch of her hysterical, over-dramatic pals baying for blood.

This is one example of literally dozens I've seen over the past five years or so all of them inolving nothing more than a girl getting too pished too quickly. My best mate who's a copper has told me it's a ten-times-a-night complaint when he's working the city centre and in every one he's ever attended it's been the same old story.

Tim  

feck

14/01/2008 6:10:43 AM - 6:10:43 AM
Me and my mate Melanie both got spiked in a pub off Leicester Square about 5 years ago. We were drinking alcopoop shite, put our bottles on the table alongside the quiz machine while we wasted a couple of quid, a table that was adjacent to one occupied by a group of lads. The bottles weren't quite in our line of sight. About three minutes later we realised that the bottles had moved slightly, carried on drinking them anyway, and from then on it was a bit strange. They were the first we'd had all night, no way was the effect down to excess alcohol. Fuck knows what they put in them, but it was an eye-opener!

A big lad with a piece of paper

GlasVegas  
Dead Soul

14/01/2008 6:29:06 AM - 6:29:06 AM
 Tim wrote:
Me and my mate Melanie both got spiked in a pub off Leicester Square about 5 years ago. We were drinking alcopoop shite, put our bottles on the table alongside the quiz machine while we wasted a couple of quid, a table that was adjacent to one occupied by a group of lads. The bottles weren't quite in our line of sight. About three minutes later we realised that the bottles had moved slightly, carried on drinking them anyway, and from then on it was a bit strange. They were the first we'd had all night, no way was the effect down to excess alcohol. Fuck knows what they put in them, but it was an eye-opener!

Yeah but prior to this media created hysteria you'd probably both have put "feeling a bit strange" down to eating something dodgy/out-of-date alcopops/airborne virus etc etc. Think about it....Why on earth would three blokes in a pub want to spike you and your pal? Like 99.9% of the other cases it simply doesn't add up.

Tim  

feck

14/01/2008 7:03:13 AM - 7:03:13 AM
Cos she's a fit six foot blonde with tits that stick out a foot from her, and I was sat at another table with my ex and some other mates most of the time?

Jiphy  
Weirdo

smutný svátek

14/01/2008 7:03:31 AM - 7:03:31 AM
 GlasVegas wrote:
Yeah but prior to this media created hysteria you'd probably both have put "feeling a bit strange" down to eating something dodgy/out-of-date alcopops/airborne virus etc etc. Think about it....Why on earth would three blokes in a pub want to spike you and your pal? Like 99.9% of the other cases it simply doesn't add up.

Milestone, it seems I agree with Glas Vegas.
Media like to create "hysteria" and "urban myths".
At this point, these kind of stories do not have echoes over here. You hear them once a semester or so... I do not know if victims are ashamed or shy, but not a lot is said about this even if some people warn females to be carefull in clubs, "in case of..."
On the other hand, some female friends who lived in London reported these stories, sometime claiming they had been spiked.
But I often thought it was an excuse for an "I was too drunk".
Simple as "alcohol helps ugly people to have sex". And who of us did not wake up, at least once in his life, thinking with a pinch of disgust "did I shag this last night" after having been on alcohol only ?

Then it leads to conclude.
1. Media help. The more they speak about it, the more people get paranoid about it.
2. If media speak about this, then, it must truly exist. So that, in my opinion, about 20-25% must be really spiked. The remainers claim that they have been because alcohol desinhibited them too much.

And why spending money on spiking people you don't know and not willing to interact with ? I wonder how much costs a drop of this drug... People buying drugs buy them for their personal use, design... well, most of the time. There are always exceptions to the rules...

Alf  
Member of the Movement

14/01/2008 7:45:10 AM - 7:45:10 AM
There are always exceptions to the rules...[/quote]

And this is 100% an exception pal......

I don't go out , drink 3 weak lagers and 2 small glasses of wine and end up in such a state....well not since I was about 13 years old.

My point is, this happened to me. I know it did, because I know what my body and mind can handle. And what happened that night was not right. You can tell when someone has just had too much, gone too far, but even mates said this was way too strange behaviour, even by my standards.

Five  
Salvation Member

14/01/2008 8:29:25 AM - 8:29:25 AM
It's certainly true that there is no guarantee that the same amount of alcohol will have the same effect on the same person every time. I downed most of a bottle of Champagne, a couple of pints and some gin and tonics quite quickly on Friday night after the most stressful day of my life and I was duly mullered. No question about it, I was as pissed as a fart. My Mum was worried to death when I got in; she thought I'd been poisoned. I couldn't walk or see reason. Walking into walls, dropping things and generally being a right pain in the nipsy.

Now I know I'd had a lot to drink, but I wouldn't have been that bad on a normal day. Enough people who post here have sat and watched me down more units than that and been alright. (Enough people have seen me drink more than that and been worse too, but let's not debate me).

Something else that I've learned: some alcoholic drinks simply don't suit me. I can shift quite a bit of lager but Stella makes me very very drunk and the hangovers are unbearable. The same is true of whisky. Whisky makes me loopy and I'm always useless the next day. Yet I can drink other kinds of strong lager or spirits and not feel bad at all.

I usually put drink-spiking claims, particularly ones where there appears to be no predatory motive, in the same bin marked 'doubtful' as bad pint/bad curry stories when the offending item was consumed after ten or so 'good' pints.

Saying that, there's all sorts of mad twats around and no question that randomly spiking drinks might appeal to some of their senses of humour or whatever.

It is possible to test for any drug as long as you get yourself to a hospital as quickly as possible. Without this evidence, the Police are going to look quite cynically on your claim, for the reasons that Glas has explained. Of course if there's any chance at all that a rape has been committed then it's even more important to get a a medical examination.

Five  
Salvation Member

14/01/2008 8:31:37 AM - 8:31:37 AM
Alf posted between me starting my rant and actually posting it, so it wasn't a response to what he said.

There's all sorts of people out there and it does sound like someone's amiss there.

What exactly happened with your car? Had someone been trying to move it?

CuanaD - D-plus  
Salvation Member

Changed the Avatar!!!

14/01/2008 8:35:17 AM - 8:35:17 AM
 Alf wrote:
I think with experiences like these, and for me this one in particular, you get a gut feeling for what / who might have caused it. I have always had a dabble over the years like many of us but no blackouts like this. Mates don't seem to think i was spiked as they probably think i've probably had a few more than i'm letting on before we met up. But I know that it did happen and i'm convinced it was this date rape type shit. If i ever find out who it was for certain then revenge will be a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time with 'em.

BASTARD!!

I did feel very strange for about a week afterwards. I didn't touch a drop till Boxing Day so the missus knew something wasn't right. Just felt a bit spaced out really.
It amazes me what some people will do 'for a laugh'. DOUBLE BASTARD!!

Was at the wife's xmas party a year ago - I arrived late after the meal & got myself a Brandy & sat at her table to watch other people dancing (if its not MOSH its not worth it!). One of the lads she works with sat for a chat & after a few minutes we wandered over to the bar to get the next round in - stood there for 10-15 mins & back over to our drinks. I took a few sips outa mine & then realised there was something in it - thought at first it was a piece of mouldy ice (weve all been there) but it was wafer thin - like a vaguely triangular piece of mouldy coloured rice paper. Didnt think anymore about it, just left the drink there & started working on the fresh brandy in my other hand.

I was lucky, after about 40 minutes, the other guy was starting to seem totally out of his head - he went through moments of paranoia, depression & violent anger - none of which was like him - it lasted about 3 hours before we could calm him enough to get to his room (this was all in a swanky hotel).
He didn't remember much/or any of the night & as Alf put it 'felt strange' for about a week afterward.

They work in a hospital - various pharmacy staff were there, one of which he . . . etc. - Days after we remembered noticing her & a couple of other pharmacy staff stood beside our table, while we were stood at the bar.

Makes you wonderAngry

"I'm not a bitter man"
Steve, Montreaux 1993

johnny  
Low-Life

Rum Deal

Location: Deep In The Heart Of , Where Sympathy Held Sway, United Kingdom (England)
14/01/2008 9:15:05 AM - 9:15:05 AM
This may explain some of Animadversion's posts then Evil laugh

Tim  

feck

14/01/2008 9:44:04 AM - 9:44:04 AM
 johnny wrote:
This may explain some of Animadversion's posts then Evil laugh

Nah, that's meth. She likes Crystal!

GlasVegas  
Dead Soul

14/01/2008 9:51:12 AM - 9:51:12 AM

I don't go out , drink 3 weak lagers and 2 small glasses of wine and end up in such a state....well not since I was about 13 years old.

My point is, this happened to me. I know it did, because I know what my body and mind can handle. And what happened that night was not right. You can tell when someone has just had too much, gone too far, but even mates said this was way too strange behaviour, even by my standards.[/quote]

Same question as I asked Tim....if this had happened to you before the media hype around "spiking" (circa 2001) would your first reaction have been to think that somebody had drugged you? Would you even have heard of Rohypnol? I doubt it.

I'd never be as presumptious as to tell you what did or didn't happen, you were there, I wasn't. The point I'm making is that phenomenon of "spiking" is just another example of media exaggeration lapped up by the public at large and now assumed to be a common occurrence. The result? Anyone who's had a funny turn after a few drinks automatically assumes they've been spiked by some sinister predator lurking in the pub with handfuls of pills.

Alf  
Member of the Movement

14/01/2008 9:53:44 AM - 9:53:44 AM
 (Does My Arse Look) BIGINTHIS wrote:
Alf posted between me starting my rant and actually posting it, so it wasn't a response to what he said.

There's all sorts of people out there and it does sound like someone's amiss there.

What exactly happened with your car? Had someone been trying to move it?

If i'm being completely truthfull I would say that chances are i've attempted to get the thing going rather than someone trying to rob it, but like i say, no recollection whatsoever. Bit dissappointed if thats what I tried cos i don't have any previous with drink driving and I everyone who knows me knows my views on it, but on the other hand the lads packed me off down the road in a cab so maybe someone just tried to lift it cos like i say its only my runabout so if somebody wants to borrow it to get to the next town or whatever then i'd rather they didn't bust all the locks etc. Either way, the whole episode did my fruit, and I don't get freaked easily. Nasty business.

I know people will always say with these things that its too much ale or whatever and in the past I might have tended to agree with them but my view has subsequently changed.

Alf  
Member of the Movement

14/01/2008 10:03:41 AM - 10:03:41 AM
 GlasVegas wrote:

My point is, this happened to me. I know it did, because I know what my body and mind can handle. And what happened that night was not right. You can tell when someone has just had too much, gone too far, but even mates said this was way too strange behaviour, even by my standards.

Same question as I asked Tim....if this had happened to you before the media hype around "spiking" (circa 2001) would your first reaction have been to think that somebody had drugged you? Would you even have heard of Rohypnol? I doubt it.

I'd never be as presumptious as to tell you what did or didn't happen, you were there, I wasn't. The point I'm making is that phenomenon of "spiking" is just another example of media exaggeration lapped up by the public at large and now assumed to be a common occurrence. The result? Anyone who's had a funny turn after a few drinks automatically assumes they've been spiked by some sinister predator lurking in the pub with handfuls of pills.

In answer to your question, yes, to all intents and purposes,I would know if I had injested something like this unknowingly before 2001. I'd had enough experience of certain substances way before then, including stupidly taking something which had the effects of ketamine thinking it was just a standard disco biscuit. In that instance that was my risk, my choice and I got stung badly. This was completly different and, I still maintain, was a spiked drink.

Rocket Mick  
Weirdo

DIGGY -is that Olympic Breakfast at Little Chef?

14/01/2008 10:15:39 AM - 10:15:39 AM
And now SOMEONE has SPIKED the thread....it is all HAZY!Evil laugh

Add Reply
  Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 >